SAND CREEK festival, inc. PRESENTS
saucy & glazed bbq competition
It's the end of summer, it may be hot and it's still BBQ season. Come out Friday night and Saturday to sample some brilliant competition BBQ, dine on some scrumptious grub from local BBQ vendors & listen to live music! The Saucy & Glazed BBQ Competition is a Kansas City BBQ Society Master Series Sanctioned Contest. Master Series Sanctioned Contests are eligible for the American Royal and the Jack Daniels World Championship. In addition, all KCBS team members who participate in a Master Series Sanctioned Contest earn points towards the KCBS Team of the Year awards. This is the first time Newton has had this honor.
Friday, Aug 16, - 7:00PM
* After the Floating Flotilla Parade stroll the short distance to the east gates by the creek, to participate in the Peoples Choice section of the Saucy & Glazed BBQ Competition. The first 400 people through the gates will receive a wrist band and packet to sample and vote on their favorite BBQ samples and baked beans.
* Bring a yard chair and listen the Wild Seedz of Sand Creek Concert while dining on BBQ from the Peoples Choice portion of the S&GBBQ Competition or other food vendors and drinking a cold beverage...or two!
Saturday, Aug 17 - All Day
* The Saucy & Glazed BBQ Competition is in full force. Stroll the grounds and get wiffs of delicious BBQ aroma and watch teams perfect their craft.
* Noon to 3 - Watch a Traeger representative demonstrate pellet BBQ-ing at its finest with a variety of different foods from your local Gillipie Meats and Meridian Grocery of Newton. Join in a contest to win a Traeger Bronson grill to be given away at the event! Browse Trager grills for discounted prices, along with a variety of pellets, shakes, sauces and Traeger grill add ons.
* Visit the adjacent The Hard Redz Summer Brew-off on the tennis courts, sample the tastes of 3-4 local craft brewers and listen to the beer drinking sounds of the Meridian Shriners Polka Band!!
It is easy to compete in this KCBS sanctioned competition with over $4000 in prize money to be won, whether you are an amateur or a professional.
Grand ChampionReserve Grand Champion $TBA
Category 1st place $TBA
Category 2nd place $TBA
Category 3rd place $TBA
Category 4th place $TBA
Category 5th place $TBA
People’s Choice Winner—Meat $TBA
People’s Choice Winner—Beans $TBA
Friday, Aug 16th:
Sarurday, Aug 17th: